The Atlantic Arc Festival (Festival Arcu Atlanticu) is held annually in Gijon since 2012 with content around tourism, culture and economic development. The program is diverse including markets, concerts, workshops mostly around Cimavilla. During 2018, the festival takes place from 24th to 29th July in Gijon.
Concerts start at 22:00 at Plaza Mayor
• Tuesday 24th July – Asturian composer and singer Rodrigo Cuevas
• Wednesday 25th July – Galician musician and composer Cristian Silva
• Thursday 26th July – Asturian singer Marisa Valle Rosso
• Friday 27th July – Galician folk music band Tanxugueiras formed by Sabela Maneiro, Aida Tarrio, and Olaia Maneiro
• Saturday 28th July – The music band Feten Feten from Burgos formed by Jorge Arribas, and Diego Galaz
• Sunday 29th July – The Gijon Music Band (Banda de Musica de Gijon) presents their project “Raices.”
38th Asturian Music Contest
The XXXVIII Concurso de Cancion Asturiana takes place at Plaza Mayor.
• 25th, 26th, 27th, and 30th July at 18:30
• 29th July at 12:30
The finals will take place 3rd and 4th August 2018 at Plaza Mayor.
For further information, please visit the Atlantic Arc Festival Facebook page.
Please visit our calendar section for more suggestions on things to do in Gijon and nearby. Enjoy!