The 56th Gijon International Film Festival (FICX) will be taking place from 16th to 24th November 2018 in Gijon. This unmissable event offers several sections to cater for different interests in quality cinema beyond conventionalities including independent and unpublished films in Spain. Besides the movie screenings of national and international films, many other events take place during the festival such as meetings with directors, daily concerts and live music parties where cinema fans and the festival stars meet.
FICX Official Section
For #56FICX, there are seventeen feature films competing in the Official Section:
• The favorite directed by Yorgos Lanthimos (UK)
• Alice T. directed by Radu Muntean (Romania)
• Cantares de una revolucion directed by Ramon Lluis Bande (Spain)
• Hotel by the river directed by Sang-soo Hong (South Korea)
• I do not care if we go down in history as barbarians directed by Radu Jude (Romania)
• La priere directed by Cedric Kahn (France)
• Les confins du monde directed by Guillaume Nicloux (France)
• Madeline’s Madeline directed by Josephine Decker (USA)
• Mug directed by Malgorzata Szumowska (Poland)
• One Day directed by Zsofia Szilagyi (Hungary)
• Support the Girls directed by Andrew Bujalski (USA)
• Tarde para morir joven directed by Dominga Sotomayor (Chile)
• The kindergarten teacher directed by Sara Colangelo (USA)
• The Load directed by Ognjen Glavonic (Serbia)
• Wildlife directed by Paul Dano (USA)
• Yara directed by Abbas Fahdel (Lebanon)
• Zaniki directed by Gabriel Velazquez (Spain)
General Admission: € 4
10 Movies Pass: € 30
10 Movies Pass with Young Card: € 20
Full Pass: € 50
Full Pass for University Students: € 30
Tickets available online here.
This is a summary from last year’s edition:
Photo & Video Credit: FICX
If you are traveling to the festival with Iberia, you can get a 10% discount on your airfare here. Are you ready for the red carpet?
Please visit our calendar section for more suggestions on things to do in Gijon and nearby. Enjoy!