The Natural Cider Festival (Fiesta de la Sidra Natural) is an event of regional tourist interest about natural cider. The 27th edition takes place from 18th to 26th August 2018 in Gijon. There are many stands from regional cider producers. You can taste their products mainly around Plaza Mayor and Plaza del Marques. Furthermore, support a new Guinness Record of simultaneous cider pourers on Friday 24th August at Poniente beach.
• A market about the world of apples and cider from 18th August to 26th August open from 11:00 to midnight at the Jardines de la Reina by the Gijon Marina.
• Concert by Un de Grao on Wednesday 22nd August from 21:30 at the Main Square of Gijon (Plaza Mayor)
• 27th Cider Serving Contest on Thursday 23rd August from 17:00 at the Main Square of Gijon (Plaza Mayor)
• World Guinness Record for simultaneous cider pourers on Friday 24th August from 18:00 at Poniente Beach. Let’s break the 9.403 barrier!
• Traditional music by group Sociedá Tomer on Saturday 25th August from 21:00 at the Main Square of Gijon (Plaza Mayor)
• Cider tasting and award ceremony on Sunday 26th August from noon at the Main Square of Gijon (Plaza Mayor)
If you want to find out more about cider making, read this article about the natural cider route. Enjoy!